Entertaining Audiences since 1992!!!!

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Laura Music Notes


Hi, Mark!

My notes for 07/22 rehearsal are below:

Keep up the good work!!  You all did a great job putting this together tonight - stay focused!

Remember not to "hang out" in the staging area.  Everyone needs to be prepared join to in singing backstage!

BBBW:
Imanol - review your part, so you can get used to singing an octave lower
Cast - I could not hear chorus singing in this number

SOML:
Owen - the three bears go too far, then too close before they are just right.  You are switching these lines.
Cast - review "Always kicked around and treated like a freak". This did not work tonight.

Duloc/Duloc Part 2:
MORE ENERGY! Some faces have a lot of energy and smiles, some faces are standing out because they look dead - smile, smile, smile!!!

Duloc Reprise:
Joey - Please drop the "Ah's" at the end an octave. 

I Know It's Today:
Fionas - please work with me to review before the run tomorrow.

Travel Song:
Parker - please work with me to review this number before the show.

Forever:
Mikayla - YAY!! Your voice is back!  Good attitude with your vocals, but I think you could be bigger with the physical aspect of your character when you sing.  

- Put an "uh" at the end of "LOOOOVE" for a big ending.

-Trace - Put space between "tall", "mean" and "curvy".  There's time in the music to do that and it emphasizes why Dragon would be motivated to love you instead of eat you.

Today Reprise:
Autumn - great job on the last note! Thank you for taking the note I gave you about vibrato - it sounds
great!

Morning Reprise:
Reese - I didn't hear the "Cock-a-doodle do" 

Freak Flag:
Cast - careful not to say "Lecher" - enunciate and say "LeT Your" - This is a repeat note.
Cast - we will work the timing when you all start singing after the lines - this still is not quite right
Atlantis - Yay!  So much better on your solo!  Have fun singing this!!

Finale:
If you have a speaking line, project more!  I couldn't hear all of these lines

Believer:
Boogie/dance in limbo line - this will add more energy!

Trace - I have an idea for you in this number - come see me.


No comments: